Friday, July 2, 2010

Paris, Books, and Other Random Things

Lost track of what the date is but I know it’s Wednesday.

Ok so remember a couple of posts ago I was talking (well appreciating) the hot Italian guys? (If you don’t, then I really don’t know how to help you) but anyway, I, being in the midst of all these gorgeous, shirtless Italian boys, simply just couldn’t resist…


Friday July 2, 2010

Well, seeing as that post (the one above. you know, from Wednesday?) was not nearly long enough, I thought I would finish it today.

I'm in Paris now, and boy am I glad! We are staying at my uncle's little flat and we have Internet and free food and it's just great! But on to more important things. Yesterday, I had my first real croissant and got to see the Notre Dame (which was A-MAZING!) HOWEVER, I do have one complaint. It's hotter than hell! It's supposed to cool down tomorrow though, so hopefully that means we can go SHOPPING! God I hate being hot. It makes everything, and I mean EVERYTHING more difficult. It always makes it hard to focus or get anything done... but I'll stop complaining...for now.

So you know how I finished that book Runaway like a week ago? Ya, well since then I have been without a book which has really not been good considering all the waiting I had to do in the past nine days. It's very strange for me when I have nothing to do because I am so used to just doing one thing after the next and never stopping. There's always somewhere we have to go or something I have to get done, so when all I have to do is wait, I get antsy. And it's bad too, I can't sit still which means I get more hot then I already am! But you already know ALL about that!

You know what I recently discovered? When you're hot, one of the simplest ways to cool down is to just stop moving. Of course this is a bit difficult when you have a forty pound backpack on your back... But back to books. So yesterday, we found this little bookstore (an ENGLISH bookstore) which turned out to be the Shakespeare And Company bookstore. (Apparently, it's pretty famous.) So, I got two books, one of which being Through The Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll. (but you already knew that) So I am no longer without a book which, my friends, is very happy news indeed.

JABBERWOCKY

"Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

All mimsy were the the borogoves,

And the mome wraths outgrabe."

This is by far one of the greatest nonsense poems in the history of English literature! And this is only the first stanza! I've always loved the stories of Alice and if you haven't seen the new movie yet, you should! It's was so well done (as Tim Berton's movies always are) and it's well cast too so if you haven't seen it, hurry up and do so and if you have, then see it again!

Well, that's all for now. I'm too hot to really write anymore so Au Revoir!

xoxo

-Cierra


No comments:

Post a Comment