Friday, July 9, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Thursday July 8th, 5:10 pm ay Boston Logan Airport.

Been traveling since 5:00 a.m. France time, which means we have been traveling since 8:00 p.m. yesterday, San Francisco time, and wont get home till about 11:00 p.m. tonight. Basically that’s about 27 hours of traveling straight! Took the metro to a bus to an airport about 1 hour outside of Paris. Then flew to Dublin where we had a BLEH.

I’m so relieved to be back in the US. I can’t wait till this last leg of the journey is done.

But the computer is very low on battery juice, so I’ll just add more tomorrow.

Friday, July 9th

I’m HOME!! Wow. Never have been so happy to see my little apartment before. It actually is a HUGE apartment by European standards! Cierra is still asleep and I’m going to take one of my cats to the vet.

Here are some pictures of Mical And Claudia's Apartment so you can see just how good we have things here:


This is the living room where Cierra, Miraa, and I slept. Cierra is still sleeping in this picture.


These are pictures of the kitchen:


And this is the hallway.

Bathroom.

The other room is M&C's bedroom, but it was small too. They said their apartment was actually really big. Many people live in just one room, kitchen, toilet, and all. C'est la vie!


Anyway, there are still several things to post. There were two other places we went to in Italy - Vicenza and Lake Como, and still much more to say about Paris, and the travels in general. I must sleep a bit more. I hope Cierra will do more posting! (HINT HINT).


Happy to be home, looking forward to Thai food, going to the movies, and running at Phoenix Lake :-)

-Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment