Thursday, June 24, 2010

So Many Ideas, So Little Time


June 24, 2010

On a train going to Venice

For those of you who don’t like reading, (you know who you are. You’re the ones who know us in some way or another, and therefore feel obligated to read this and are probably in denial because you are actually enjoying it) this is going to be another long post, so consider yourself forewarned! The reason for my EXTREMELY (yep that’s right!) long post is that so much has happened in the past few days, and I have LOADS to share about and plus, a few days gave my mind plenty of time to cook up some good ideas that could probably be spread out over at least three posts. So, here it goes.

First I would like to go back to a week ago to explain what happened to my lost bag.

June 15, 2010: Still no bag

June 16, 2010: Still no bag

June 17, 2010: NO BAG

June 18, 2010: (you guessed it!) NO BAG!

June 19, 2010: We find out that my bag has been sitting in Rome for 5 days

June 20, 2010: (The wedding) we find out that my bag is in Alghero (YAY!)

June 21, 2010: We FINALLY pick up my bag at the airport (with a bit of a hassle)

So, yes I am finally reunited with my bag! But still, WHAT A FREAKIN’ NIGHTMARE!!!!!

OK. On to my next subject. (You got through the first one, so you may as well keep going!)

In honor of Father’s Day, (yes, I am well aware that it was several days ago but I’ve been a little busy) I wanted to write to my dad. (For all the rest of you reading, feel free to read this too. If I had wanted to write something for my dad’s eyes only, I would have sent him a letter!)

Dear Daddy, (yes I still call him daddy, along with various other names. You got a problem with that?)

I miss you so much! Everywhere I go, I think, “Wow! My dad would love it here!” And you know what I decided? We are going to travel to some exotic place together (I’m not sure when but that’s ok…)

Just the two of us! Oh! And we still have to go on that air balloon ride. Don’t think I forgot about that!

But anyway, I wouldn’t exactly say that we’ve had bad luck so far, (although from our previous posts, I guess it sort of seems that way) but we definitely haven’t had the best of luck either. The whole trip has been pretty full of ups and downs but I guess that’s what traveling to foreign countries brings. You know, like a packaged deal. Speaking of packages, when I finally did get my bag, I discovered pretty quickly that I had brought WAAAAAAYYYYY too much stuff! (Which everyone probably expected me to do!) So, my mom and I had to send some things home yesterday (which was also pretty difficult) and are thinking we might need to send even more things home tomorrow. Mom has been a giant stress case about pretty much everything and continues to be amazed at my positive energy. (But how could she not be)

I also wanted to wish you a happy (late) Father’s Day and tell you that I love you. J I can’t wait to see you again and tell you about all my adventures in detail.

Xoxo

-Cierra

P.S. Keep reading Dad.

Next section. (I guess that would make this section 3?)

Cinque Terre was GEORGEOUS!!!!!! We stayed at the very tipy top of Manorola (the second town) and explored Riomaggiore, Vernazza, our little town, and Monterosso. We got some fabulous pictures and though you might want to see them so here you go:

Ok, so, yesterday, we had dinner in Vernazza and then had some gelato and when we got back to the train station it was like 9:00 P.M. Now, first let me tell you that we had heard a little earlier that there was going to be a train strike here in Italy and we were (of course) worrying about it. So, as we’re worrying, along comes this gaggle of guys (21 and up I think) who walked right up to where we were sitting to look at the train schedule and they overheard us worrying about what the hell we were going to do if the trains went on strike! So, that sparked up this whole conversation because we were all there waiting for our trains (which we ended up having to do for like an hour!) and eventually, one asked (just like they always do) how old I was. Well actually he asked if I was in collage or high school and I said, “I’m actually just going into high school this year.” And then he said, “No!?” and then I was like, ”Yep!” And he was like, ”Wow!” and then I said, “ Ya, I get that a lot.” And the whole thing was just hilarious! Oh and It turns out that the strike probably won’t effect us at all.

On to section 4!

I’m pretty sure most of you know this, but I LOVE to read. And I’m not taking about the reading that you do for school, because I HATE that. It’s a total waste of time and paper and the books usually suck. But anyway, as my mom mentioned a while back, we have this favorite author. And I, just today, finished another of her books called Runaway. Now the coolest part about this book was that it was about a girl, Holly, from another one of her books in the Sammy Keys series. So, Runaway is Holly’s story about losing her mother, going into foster care, running away, and being a homeless twelve-year-old, up until the point in her story where Sammy finds her and helps her out. And I LOVED it! After I finished it I started thinking about why I love these books so much and this is what I came up with:

Oh, but first I just wanted to say that if you ever read this Ms. Wendelin Van Draanen, this part is for you. I really wanted to thank you for writing and inspiring the way I write.

  1. I like the style in which the books are written. First person narrative. My favorite! And the way she writes, totally inspired my style of writing.
  2. The books make me believe in finding my own mysteries, giving people a second chance, fighting for what I believe in, and making the most of the life that I have.
  3. They are SO fun to read! And I can’t put them down once I’ve started them.
  4. And they are definitely one of the reasons that I love to read.

Last section:

Despite all the ups and downs, I really am enjoying myself. I STILL can’t believe that I’m here and I am so grateful! And I know that some things will continue to be difficult, but I feel like this is all worth it. I am on the trip of a lifetime! And the best part? This is only just the beginning.

Xoxo

-Cierra

2 comments:

  1. Love your post "CC". After reading through your mom's posts and yours, I have tears in my eyes. I'm so thrilled for you all. All the downs you're experiencing are simply there so you have more interesting stories to tell the grandkids one day (and of course your current friends and family).

    Love to you both and we can't wait to see you person and hear all the details! Come over for some veggies, fish and gluten free crackers!

    xoxox Amy and the Bellin gang :)

    ReplyDelete