Monday, June 21, 2010

Freaking Out

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ok so we are, as of right now, on our way to The Logan International Airport, Boston in the U.S of A. Yep that’s right. I, Cierra Potter, am blogging to you from United Airlines and am on my way to ITALY!!!!!!!!! And all I can say is that I am FREAKING OUT!!!

I haven’t been this excited since……… last night. Which, as it just so happens, was the night of my eighth grade dance.

Now first, you have to know that I enjoy school dances. I love hanging out and dancing with my friends, listening to good music and waiting for the perfect song to come on so I can bust a move. But what I never really understood was why in the world, people (not just teens, but people in general) feel the need to “Freak”. I mean come on! Are guys really such bad dancers that they need to resort to that?! And girls, come on, really? Are you really willing to do something THAT degrading, just to dance with a guy?! But that’s just my opinion. Anyway, back to last night.

So, I spent like three (maybe more) months trying to find the perfect dress, and boy, was that a nightmare! And then I made these super elaborate plans with my friend Victoria so that she could do my hair (which ended up looking gorgeous! You can see pics on my facebook page) AND, I spent $30 on a mani pedi just to go to a stupid dance that SUCKED! (Well I had a pretty good time), But the music was horrible, it didn’t get dark until like 8:45, (the dance ended at 10:00) and there was SO MUCH STUPID, MIDDLE SCHOOL DRAMA!!!!!!!!!

So, I’m sure you can imagine my disappointment. But I got over that at about 8:30 this morning when our plane took off. And as of now, I’m still excited but I am so ready to be off this flight! Ugggggg. It’s going to be a long day.

Monday, June

14, 2010

You know how when something goes wrong in the morning, the rest of your day seems to unfold in exactly the same manner? Well, that was pretty much exactly what happed yesterday. We arrived in Dublin, Ireland at 5:00 A.M. (their time) only to find that my luggage had been left in Boston. Yep. That’s right. All I have is my shampoo, conditioner, and my toothbrush. (I brought that in my carry-on) But the day just kept getting better, and better. My mom and I took a bus into the city, at like 7:30 in the morning and we wanted to go look around, but of course, nothing was open at 8:00 on a Sunday morning! So, we basically walked around in the freezing cold for an hour!!!! But I did get some pretty cool pictures!


So anyway, after walking around for a while, we decided to go and wait for a bus to take us back to the airport. So we walked to the bus stop and we waited… and waited… and waited… and waited… until we had been waiting for an hour and a half, and then, FINALLY our bus came. So we got back to the airport with about 4 hours to spare and therefore, had to do MORE waiting. So, on this particular flight, we were supposed to check three bags, but because I didn’t exactly have mine, we only checked two; our dress bag and my mom’s luggage. (Oh and I forgot to mention that we had paid $50 to check the third bag.) So we checked our bags and went to go through security, but apparently, any liquid carry-ons have to be labeled 3 oz. or less ON THE BOTTLE. So, we had to go back to check in a third bag with all of our “non-labeled” shampoo and such. Then we go to our gate (gate 109) and did some more waiting, and right as we were getting up to start boarding, they changed our gate from 109 to 103! So once at gate 103, we had to wait like 45 minutes more, and then it started pouring down rain. And I’m not talking like a California rain. I’m talking about a full on, pools of water on the ground, Ireland rain. And you might think, just as we did, that by then, the bad luck was over, but no. No, we had obviously done SOMETHING wrong to piss off the gods because they sure were not happy with us! But back to my story. When we finally got on the plane, we were so tired that we could hardly function and I could barely keep my eyes open and we were planning on getting some sleep, but every time the flight attendants walked by, they would say,” EXCUSE ME! Arm rests down!” or “Window open please!” And it got REALLY annoying! (To put it bluntly, the flight attendants were all bitches!)

When we got here, our family was waiting for us and we all said our hellos and gave our hugs and we all went out to dinner (which was INCREDABLE!) And afterward, we got gelato, (Also INCREDABLE!) after which we started the long, and I mean LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG, drive to where we would be staying. When we did get to our houses, it was about 1:30 A.M. (Sardinia time) and I had wanted to get straight into bed, which didn’t really happen, and when I did get in bed, I read a whole bunch of my book. So, I didn’t actually get to sleep until around 2:30 A.M.

So, as you can see, my first experiences out of the country were not the best, but today was better. We went to the beach, and just a little while ago,

I got to watch an amazing lightning storm, and I’m still marveling at the fact that I’m in Italy with my friends and family.

I do have absolute faith that things are going to continue to improve despite my day yesterday. I mean how could they not? In an attempt to stay positive, I have made a list of the highlights of my time in Sardinia.

  • Having an AMAZING dinner and gelato last night
  • Seeing my uncle and aunt-to-be
  • Going to the beach
  • The storm
  • (And my personal favorite) seeing at least 35 hot Italian guys so far! ;)
Anyway, I have to go now but I’ll keep you all posted!

Ciao!

Xoxo

-Cierra

1 comment:

  1. Wow...Mr. Toad's Wild Ride Indeed! And hooray for 35 Hot Italian Guys! Those will always bolster the spirit! ;) Love to and for you!

    ReplyDelete